Thursday, March 21, 2013

Two Weeks Notice

On Monday, March 18th or the year 2013, I tendered my letter of resignation (with the courtesy two weeks notice) at the Sears Hardware that I have been working at for about three years. During my time there God has taught me some incredible things, given me some great opportunities, and allowed me to develop some amazing relationships. But it is time to move on now.

Starting in April I will be working at Shiloh Bible Camp full time! I will be spending four days each week at the camp and one day each week raising support. Currently most of my time at the camp will be spent working on the construction of the gym (We are about 85% done!), but come the summer I'll be teaching archery, running kids through challenge courses, and giving camp fire talks.  I can hardly wait!

It has been a really long journey getting to this point. Quite frankly, sometimes it felt like it would never happen, and other times I thought I was so close, only to have the rug pulled out from under me. What is important though, is that I continued. I really couldn't have done it without my wife. My wife, Amanda, one of the wisest people I know, was by my side the entire time. On days when I would come home discouraged by another day in retail (if you've ever worked in retail you know exactly what I mean) she would tell me that she loved me and that she was proud of me for doing my part to support us as a family.

So, while one chapter of my life is ending, it really feels like the adventure is just beginning! And I hope that you, my faithful readers will continue to join me along the way

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Hope you enjoy the blog.

      Delete
  2. I too am ever so pleased that you did not just do what you "wanted" but that you looked to God's leading for where and when was the right time to go full-time at Shiloh. I am so happy for you though. You were made for the rugged life of a camp. LOL

    ReplyDelete