Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What do nerve damage, leaky pipes, and birthday celebrations have in common?

Not much other than this here post...

Some of you know that shortly before I began writing this blog I was putting up some sheet rock in the new gym at Shiloh and put an impact driver's phillip's bit through my left index finger.  The resulting injury was pretty bad and caused some nerve damage. 

Since then I had been convinced that the resulting numbness was permanent.  I'm now starting to think that I was wrong (Praise God).  Over the course of about three weeks it has finally started to heal up.  The wound had been closed for a while.  Originally the numbness covered an area about the size of a penny but it has since subsided to less than half that much!

In other news, the gym is really coming along.  Last weekend the guys working on the plumbing began air and water tests!  Unfortunately there were a few leaks, eek!  They got to patching them up right away though and I believe that inspections are happening this week.  This Thursday - Saturday I'll be at Shiloh wrapping up the electrical for the fire alarm system.  Hopefully we can get that inspected the following week.

Why is this important?  Well, once the electrical/fire alarm systems and plumbing passes inspection we've passed a significant milestone.  After those are finished we will sheet rock the remaining walls, paint and put in finishing touches like carpeting and furniture.  This gym will be finished before you can say pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis!

Before you ask, yes it is a real word.

Now up to this point you may be asking, "Where does the birthday come into play?"  Well, my wonderful wife celebrated her birthday last Thursday!  And on Saturday after my stint at Shiloh, Amanda and I, with the addition of five of our friends went out to celebrate.  We had a great time eating "tapas" style and enjoying some great conversation.

I'd also like to invite all of you readers to come out and give us a hand working on the gym on Saturday.  You don't need to be a plumber, electrician, carpenter, or contractor.  All you need is a willing heart and willing hands.  We will work with you regarding skill level, comfort level, and time constraints.  Men and women are both welcome.

Generally we try to get to Shiloh by 8:30 in the morning and leave by 5:00/5:30 in the evening but come when you can and leave when you have to leave.  The work day also includes lunch and a coffee break in the morning

If you can come, please either leave a comment, send me a text message, or give me a call letting me know that you would like to join us.  And just think, you could look back some day and say something profound like, "See that ceiling tile?  I put that ceiling tile there!"


God bless,
Tim

1 comment:

  1. Praise God that your finger is healed! As your father-in-law may I say to you please be careful but keep up the good work! We are so proud of you guys! Dad and Mom Lillis

    ReplyDelete